ACADEMIC » FOREIGN LANGUAGES | Çevre College – If the aim is to pursue excellence
Foreign Languages Department
English is taught as the first foreign language starting from pre-school till the end of high school. Second language teaching starts at 3rd grade level and continues in high school instruction. German, French and Spanish are offered as a second foreign language electively.
The main aim of English teaching at Çevre is to present the basics of the language through a variety of activities as a gateway for learners to have good command of spoken and written English.
In the process of English instruction at Çevre, the program is based on Common European Framework which provides a vertical dimension and outlines an ascending series of common reference levels for describing learner proficiency; and horizontal dimension describing categories for communicative language competence.
Our program mainly composes of materials that enable our students
- to read, understand, summarize and interpret short stories, novels, academic texts according to their age group;
- to write reports and narratives by using proper vocabulary, structure and punctiation;
- to express themselves in role-plays, dramas and sketches and quiz shows;
- to have portfolios through which they can improve their inretests and skills;
- to have international and intercultural awareness
- to take YLE-KET-PET-FCE-IELTS-TOEFL exams to test their language competence according to international stardards.
Second Language Teaching
Second language teaching starts at 3rd grade level and continues in high school instruction. German, French and Spanish are offered as a second foreign language electively.
3rd grade : 3 hours
4th and 5th grades : 4 hours
6th grade : 3 hours
7th grade : 2 hours
8th grade : 1 hour
High School Prep class, 9th grade and 10th grade: 4 hours
As a department our aim is to make our students understand the main concepts in the second foreign languages, be aware of different cultures and multilingualism and also help them orient themselves in the modern world by using their second foreign languages.
The students are also encouraged to take international exams based on Common European Framework which are DELE 1, 2 and B1 in Spanish by Cervantes Institute, DELF 1 and 2 in French by French Cultural Center , FIT 1 and 2 in German by Goethe Institute.