Counselling and Guidance
Counselling and Guidance Service provides students with the information required to solve their personal problems and support them as they discover their unique personalities.
Professional counsellors meet the students’ expectations according to their age and prepare them emotionally, socially and academically for their lives ahead.
Service is given within the following areas:
- Educational Guidance
- Vocational Guidance
- Individual Guidance
Cevre College Counselling Service provides help within the framework of PREVENTION, SUPPORT, PROCESS ORIENTATION and DEVELOPMENTAL GUIDANCE.
Our main goals are:
- Self-awareness of the students,
- Students’ positive relationship with the environment,
- Problem solving, making decisions and improving self-management skills,
- Smooth transition from childhood through puberty.
Close cooperation between students, parents and teachers is essential. Therefore, it is applied within the framework carefully planned at the beginning of each academic year.
Information about the development process related to every age, following, orientation and supporting studies are given to parents through individual meeting.
Basic Principles related to the studies are: being respectful to individual differences, cooperation among students, parents, the manager and the teacher; privacy and being scientific. Studies related to students, parents and teachers take place in Cevre College through psychological counselling and guidance services.
Student Oriented Services:
- Effective Learning and Studying.
- Individual Targeted meetings intended for LGS success Professional development.
- Test anxiety and stress coping.
- Class guidance program.
- Education of Values Studies.
- Test preparation.
- Introducing jobs.
- Knowing yourself and your abilities.
- Preference and Orientation.
- Student recognition.
- Individual interview.
- Class counselling.
- Expert talks.
- Communication Skills.
- Friendship relations.
- Adolescence and developmental period counselling.
Parents Oriented Services:
- Mother, father work-shop studies.
- Parents Academy.
- Bulletins – Expert opinion.
- Effective parental Seminar.
- Survey Applications.
- Guidance Hours Activity Studies.